Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The perfect 80's models.


One thing that has always been important in photography, well when it concerns fashion, is finding the right person to shoot, a person that the camera would absolutely be in love with.

Naomi Campbell is one of the most famous English Top Model in the world,but let's be honest here she is getting old, and in the modelling industry it is rare that a model lasts more than 20 years. They get fired, or some models give up modelling to help younger girls pursue their dream to become models, for example Tyra Banks who is the host& producer of ANTM (BEST showwwwwwwww ever)
Back to Naomi, she started modelling in 1980, she was about 11 years old when she started (If I'm not mistaking), and ONE thing that made me go nuts, a revolutionary event if you ask me, she was the first BLACK model to appear on Time and the one and only Vogueeeee (Ahhh) magazine .
This Woman is LEGENDARY & a real beautyyyy in my opinion. She is in my fashion book history yuuuup.

Second model I admire & Love ...wait for it...Linda Evangelistaaaaa .
Isn't this woman just amazingly stunning ? I can't get over her beauty...she is still as beautiful as twenty years ago. Amazing blue eyes, impeccable lips, a cute little nose, this is what I call a girl with an EDGE.
She is a very well known Canadiann Model, yes please. A little older than Naomi, she actually was discovered at the age of 13 during a beauty contest in Ontario, she didn't actually won the contest, but Missy here was discovered by an agent for Elite model management, luckyyy biatch.
After working 3 years in New York with elite, she then was offered a contract with Vogue Magazine..don't really know how that works, but she is definitely a HIT.

Third Model I adore...& My dad compares me to her sometimes, even if I don't look like her AT ALL...Cindyy Crawford.
This beautiful American model was part of the STARS Top Models of the 80's with Naomi, Linda Claudia Schrieffer and Christy Turlington, she is a real shinning star.
She started modelling at the age of 15 ( Kinda like mee, that's why my father calls me Cindy sometimes...or maybe it's because that's the only model he knows), but at 17 she is discovered yet again by an amazing agency ELITE model management and that's where her career officially stars.

I'd talk about Christy Turlington, but I'm not a big fan of hers, she is beautiful no doubt about that, I just don't think her modelling career was a hit like her other model friends...apart from her coco Chanel ad, her other shoots aren't amazing. Although she did appear on ELLE magazine in 1999, that's one point for Miss Turlington...CHA CHING. (her eyes looked creepy omg check it out)

Now what's the point of blabbering about these models...well these women were a hit in the fashion industry and have helped a lot of "little photographers" become INCREDIBLE photographers...but more about then some other time yes ??

<3 <3 . I'm getting tired, I had a rather lonng day. I'm hoping to write tomoroww..Will see. GoodNight :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment